There are several reasons members do not receive emails.
- They click the unsubscribe link.
- One of your team member's unsubscribed them (by mistake maybe?)
- Email address was reported as an invalid email address.
- Email box was "full" at time we tried to deliver.
- Email provider for your member asked us not to send to them again.
- Your contact's email server was too busy at the time we tried to deliver.
- You are sending too much email to the contact.
- Your emails were marked as "Spam."
RainMaker has a report to let you know who is not receiving your emails.
Go to Reports > Member Reports > "Email: Contacts who have unsubscribed"
Our policy: Only contacts you know or have asked you to send them email can be used. No mass email marketing pieces to contacts that did not specifically ask to be contacted by you.
We all care about our email being delivered to our contacts reliably, right? For every message marked as SPAM by our contacts, our SPAM score goes up and up. The higher the SPAM score... the lower our delivery rate will be. Some mail services will automatically start blocking you before it ever gets to the intended person, in addition, your contacts also have SPAM filters that will automatically mark it as SPAM and it will go straight to their "SPAM FOLDER."
Want more info on how to send better email?
The US Government has a website that's easy to understand it also explains the CAN SPAM act, a law in the US: http://business.ftc.gov/documents/bus61-can-spam-act-compliance-guide-business
Here is a link to an article with helpful info on better deliverability. http://www.masternewmedia.org/news/2008/05/24/spam_checking_tools_and_tips.htm
Tips and Tricks to Stay out of the SPAM Folder: