It's easy to cancel your RainMaker account.
Simply log into RainMaker, from the top menu go to Settings, then select "Cancel RainMaker"
You need to be logged in as the Owner of the school. We will complete verification processes before services and your account is permanently deactivated and data destroyed based on security protocol.
Please understand (terms of cancellation)...
- It takes up to 3 business days to cancel your account with verification. We call to verify cancelation. See verification processes below. If you have an automatic payment scheduled in the next three days, it may still go through. If you have memberships scheduled to process, those payments will need to be handled by you. You can do this by turning off the Autocollect process in settings.
- Once you cancellation is verified, your account and data will become unrecoverable. This includes all data, flows, email history, rank promotion history, attendance, financial transactions,payment information, documents, signatures, immediately upon verification of cancellation.
- We appreciate your business, if there is anything we can do to help you in any way, please call us (888) 293-0972
- We will never hassle you to stay, but, if you just need help, we are always available.
- There will be no cancellation fee.
- If you are a USAEPAY Gateway account holder, we will cancel your USAEPAY account immediately, meaning all autoCollect billing will be stopped, and if you need to re-enable the account, a $100 setup fee will be required. Your merchant account and echeck processor are under you control and can not be effected by a RainMaker representative. If you wish to continue processing with them, they can be integrated into other solutions, if not deactivating those services is your responsibility.
- Autocollect will stop processing upon verified cancellation.
- Your web forms will stop working.
- Profit Generators can not be forwarded to another service. If you have outside promotions that point to your check out pages, future activity, registrations, and potential sales will be lost.
Understanding the purpose of Verification
- What happens after the verification process is completed?
What data can you retrieve?
What is the verification process?
What happens after the verification process is completed?
What data can a business owner retrieve?
What about payment data? In January 2019, we begin transitioning to a higher level of PCI compliance standards. PCI DSS stands for Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards is responsible for regulating protection policy and standards of any business processing card payments. While we have always had PCI Compliance, we are increasing our level of stringency ahead of possible requirements so we are fully prepared when the next stage is met. PCI levels are dependent on transaction volume and revenues. This next step includes a variety of policy updates, in addition to moving from high level encryption to tokenization. (effective February 1st, 2019.